What program(s) needed to be added

What I’d like to see in the pkglist are the tools required to compile ports.
There’s no dialog4ports, no cc compiler… in the Trident release. Yes, I can use app cafe, but why not have them already installed as standard?
At the moment curl (ftp) is vulnerable and the TrueOS port [git pull] has the fix, yet until a Trident update is ready I can’t remedy the curl version (as there are cc errors for missing apps I can’t uncover).
Portsnap doesn’t work either in current Trident release - though I prefer git pull if the ports are kept up to date.

Steve

we use the trueos ports, so they should just work.

create a PR or feature request or at --> https://github.com/project-trident/trident-build

Hello Rod,
I would appreciate gnome3 metaport (not -lite)… In Poudriere it seems stuck on the spice-gtk-0.35 dependency, which in turn doesn’t get compiled reporting “unknown component ssl”

Thanks!
Ondrej

That almost sounds like an “OpenSSL vs LibreSSL” thing.

This thread has been very interesting, seeing what programs people consider essential. To me it also shows the power of the Ports system in the BSDs:
Keep the install media as minimal as possible to save bw and time downloading it, but make sure everyone knows how to find the program they need (AppCafe or the pkg command).

The metaport, would be, at a best, trueos issue. At worst, would be a freebsd issue

I just noticed that ncrack is on FreshPorts, but it is not on the TrueOS/Trident repo… Can we add that one?

broke

checking whether OpenSSL’s headers match the library… no
configure: error: Your OpenSSL headers do not match your
library. Check config.log for details.
If you are sure your installation is consistent, you can disable the check
by running “./configure --without-openssl-header-check”.
Also see contrib/findssl.sh for help identifying header/library mismatches.

configure: error: ./configure failed for opensshlib
===> Script “configure” failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to lx@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
“/wrkdirs/usr/ports/security/ncrack/work/ncrack-0.6.0/config.log” including
the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea
to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. a
/usr/local/sbin/pkg-static info -g -Ea).
*** Error code 1

Stop.