What is the target audience of Trident?

I am from Linux and running Mint Debian, it is my daily driver and completely replaced my microsoft installation, I rarely touch MS except for apps that only works on it, or I need the driver for the h/w not available on Linux. Then I found FreeBSD, I heard that it is the most stable, secure and reliable OS so I gave it a try. I had hard time struggling to make it work, first I install pure FreeBSD from their website, and then tried to add a desktop to it where I hit the wall, I follow the handbook but still couldn’t make it to work, it takes a system admin to master the system setup. Then I found Trident, an easier FreeBSD distro for beginners with a GUI and I tried it, it worked, but the Lumina desktop is weird to me works like no other commonly used desktop, I couldn’t drag and select icons or re-arrange them, and the AppCafe is sluggish, lot of pending for unknown reason, the layout design is strange I don’t know where to click, and then the time clock, it won’t sync, it is not hours off but hours plus 15min off very strange, the list goes on… so I look for a familiar desktop like the Gnome, and I installed it via AppCafe but it didn’t work, it won’t run even I selected in the login, there is some setting in the config files later I know, but still it won’t run.

I understand FreeBSD is not for everyone, and unlike Linux FreeBSD is not designed to work like or replace MS windows, it is an OS more suit for network servers. But Trident is supposed to be targeted at desktop users with less knowledge in system admin, installing and switching desktop should be easy like in Linux, let alone installing apps and time clock settings those things should work out of the box without a glitch, so I ask, what/who is Trident actually for ?

I dare to say Trident intends to fulfill many of those requirements, but the change from 12 to 13 delayed many of those efforts. I’m hoping the next days/months will give us better news.

I chose Trident because it is BSD, it is desktop oriented, it does what I need (and does it well) and I’m not that satisfied with Linux.

Did you have weird issues with Linux such as glitchy effect when running speedtest.net for example? That happens to me with any Linux distro? What does Trident do that is better than Linux?

This is NOT linux.

unlike many linux distros, who have hundreds of devs, this project has less than 5.

Lumina is similar, in many ways to xfce and other small foot print desktops

use it if you want or not.

No, I didn’t.

Java development is better in Trident. The GUI fits better in the environment. And csh works the way I like.

Yes I am well aware that Trident is not Linux and it is based on BSD. I just wanted to know what were the benefits of Trident over a Linux distro.

I see.

Linux has way too many problems for my on my hardware even worse than Windows.

My short answer to this is: the file system ZFS and boot environments.
With Project Trident it was close to automatic to set up a mirrored system utilizing two hard disks. (just a few commands) Today I thought it would be easy to uninstall CUPS and install it again. The uninstall prodedure damaged my whole graphical system. Going back one boot environment and upgrade to the destroyed boot environment again was a thing of minutes.