Scroll with middle button on ThinkPad x230i

Usually I can scroll with the nub and the middle button, but on trueOS that doesn’t happen. Is there a way to enable this? Can I get the special buttons (fn + whatever) and the mute mic button to work?

Reading this alongside chat in IRC: that’s probably a Synaptics TouchStyk or the like.

I was half-surprised to find no mention of TouchStyk in The FreeBSD Forums. Maybe it’s because users have pet names for the things. I call them stupid nipples 'cause they get in my way.

In PC-BSD forums: Synaptics: disable TouchStyk and its buttons; disable TouchPad tap-to-click, palm… (2016-06-26) – evidently I found it working, so it should be possible to make the TouchStyk work with TrueOS Desktop. Getting it to work might require a little patient to-ing an fro-ing in e.g. https://gitter.im/trueos/troubleshooting because the TrueOS project is at the tail end of a transition to OpenRC, a transition that has involved some reviews of how/when drivers are loaded.

Was there ever a solution to that? I have a T460 and I can’t get scrolling to work with the middle-button + trackpoint.
I put in /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d a file trackpoint.conf with the following content:

Section "InputDevice" Identifier "Mouse0" Driver "mouse" Option "CorePointer" Option "Protocol" "auto" Option "Device" "/dev/sysmouse" Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7" Option "Emulate3Buttons" EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Touchpad"
Driver "synaptics"
Option “Protocol” "psm"
Option “Device” "/dev/psm0"
Option “SHMConfig” "on"
EndSection

This doesn’t work though. I tried some variations but still nothing :confused:

Actually I got scrolling by middle button + trackpoint working by adding the flags -VH to moused. I also reduced the acceleration down to 1.1 from 1.5 that’s in /etc/defaults/rc.conf:

➜  ~ grep moused_flags /etc/rc.conf   
moused_flags="-VH -A 1.1 -T 4"
➜  ~ grep moused_flags /etc/defaults/rc.conf 
moused_flags="-A 1.5 -T 4" # Any additional flags to moused.
➜  ~ ps auxww | grep moused                
root       1534   0.0  0.0   12752   1784  -  Ss   19:44    0:00.37 /usr/sbin/moused -VH -A 1.1 -T 4 -p /dev/psm0 -I /var/run/moused-psm0.pid

Edit: I should have mentioned, I have a Thinkpad x230.