RC1 Release Notes:
- Installer: Ability to customize ZFS pool name for installation
- New Xorg auto-configuration routine - will automatically pre-set the appropriate xorg driver for every GPU in the system (but uses Card0 by default at the moment). This can be overwritten by creating/customizing “/usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf” if manual changes are desired.
- Updated ports/packages (FreeBSD ports from 9/25/2018)
- SysAdm will no longer start automatic updates, and the AppCafe is now functional again.
- New Xorg setup script system: Can create *.sh bourne shell scripts in /usr/local/etc/xstartup[-parallel] to have them automatically loaded when starting a graphical session. All the TrueOS xorg script have now been re-activated in project trident for things like GTK scaling, [ssh/gpg]-agent, fcitx input methods, etc…
Not included in this release (will be included in future updates):
- Passing config options (for localization/keyboard settings in particular) from the installer to the installed system.