Project Trident, Infrastructure Upgrades

Taken from the Project Trident homepage:

The 18.12-U8 package updates will be delayed until the week of March 25th, due to some importance infrastructure updates that are happening right now.

Migrating to version 1.1 of the TrueOS build framework

We are taking this opportunity to begin testing the migration from version 1 to version 1.1 of the TrueOS build framework!

The early tests are looking very promising, with a 500MB+ reduction in ISO sizes as well as faster build times. This version of the build framework also implements a new organization for the “base” OS packages which replaces the current FreeBSD base package implementation (with 200+ package which are mostly unused) with one that is much simpler and easier to manage. Now, all of the base packages are created from the “os” category in the TrueOS ports repository and all the world/kernel build options are properly respected during the package procedures.
(…)

well, I like that!

But this not so much:

pkg search shred
SSL certificate subject doesn't match host pkg.project-trident.org
pkg: https://pkg.project-trident.org/pkg/release/FreeBSD:13:amd64/latest/meta.txz: Authentication error
pkg: https://pkg.project-trident.org/pkg/release/FreeBSD:13:amd64/latest/packagesite.txz: Authentication error

Patience you must have.

0 Likes

I’m guessing they needed to reorganize things on the backend. The download link for U7 also tosses a 404 Error.

0 Likes

Yes, I guess so; just wanted to inform those who look here first when problems arise.

1 Like

Yep, that was a good idea.

0 Likes

should be fixed

0 Likes

Yes, it is Thanks.

0 Likes