Problem withboot

Hi, I am new to Trueos, I have a small amount of experience with Linux. Trueos takes a long time to boot.

When I write ls -l /boot/modules in a terminal I get:

total 195
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root wheel 38776 Mar 19 09:40 cuse4bsd.ko
-rw-r–r-- 1 root wheel 64 Mar 22 06:18 linker.hints
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root wheel 131848 Mar 18 23:15 pefs.ko

What does this mean and how do I fix the problem? I enjoy messing around with computers, but have a lot to learn! Apart from the long boot time Trueos so far is a good experience.

I can’t help with with that, but that looks normal. I have two more lines for my Nvidia card. The pefs kernal module has something to do with encryption. Linker-hints I think has to do with updates. cuse4bsd is a library and kernal module for drivers. Someone may ask for more details about your machine etc. Unfortunately I don’t know enough to help.

Define “a long time”? Hardware, desktop, latop? What “problem” do you think needs fixing? /boot contains a lot of stuff needed to boot your system, don’t just delete files in it. /boot/modules contains modules that may be loaded by the bootloader.

Be prepared to reinstall if you “mess about” too much without understanding.

Hi, I have now figured out that I have a problem when I have the power cord connected to my laptop. It is an Acer E5-771.

The output of dmesg:
acpi_ec0: EcCommand: no response to 0x84
acpi_ec0: GPE query failed: AE_NO_HARDWARE_RESPONSE

When I unplug the power cord this disappears. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

That is odd. I have no idea what it’s from but guessing something related to the charging circuitry.