Mega sync client

Greetings!

I am interested in switching to TrueOS because of instablility and user problems/concerns over systemd. I have been using Linux for many years, but I am willing to switch and learn unix.

The only problem I forsee is with megasync. I must be synced with other computers in my business environment, usually running Linux with megasync.

Would this be possible, or failing that, what cloud/sync client would be reccomended/compatible for TrueOS and Linux?

Thanks!

haven’t played with it myself, but in the TrueOS repo is a program called “rclone”

http://www.rclone.org/

Have you tried megatools?.. It used to be in the Ports collection under /usr/ports/net/megatools

If megatools is for setting up a megasync client, that would be excellent.

I’ll check that out, thanks!

From what I understand, because of changes made on the Mega website, the megatools package is no longer functional.

If anyone running TrueOS can recommend a functional alternative to MEGA, that would be easily installed with app cafe, I would appreciate it.

Meanwhile, I will check out rclone as suggested earlier.
Thanks!

Can you elaborate on what exactly you weren’t able to do?.. There is nothing I see about not working on FreeBSD according to their github page Also you may want to shoot the port maintainer an e-mail. (max @ kostikov .co)

I did not properly research the information, and it was wrong and/or out of date.
I will install megatools and try it again.

Thanks for the link.

Update:

I came across a rather simple solution I wanted to share, if anyone needs to run the megasync client in TrueOS: install the megasync client via wine.

Too simple, just download the Windows installer. It runs perfectly and functions just as well as in Windows or Linux, and even places an icon in the system tray.

I finally got around to using Megatools. I use Tarsnap for database backups and now I’m using Mega to share files in our organization. I read trough the megatools manpage and it’s not very clear on how to enter a command, or how to get a file from an existing Mega drive. After a little tinkering I found this is the way.

command --username ‘username’ --password 'password’
For example if I want a directory listing I would type

megals --username ‘username’ --password ‘password’

Copying a file from the Mega drive is a bit more tricky, because you have to specify the local and remote folders. Here is how I did it

megacopy --remote /Root/MEGAsync/ TEST.pdf --local ~/Documents --username ‘username’ --password ‘password’

putting a file in the root folder is easy . We just do

megaput ~/Documents/TEST.pdf --username ‘username’ --password ‘password’

I also found that you can add --path to save it to a specific folder in the mega drive. I have not had any luck with it yet, but this will at least give anyone trying this out a headstart, that I wish I had.

P.S.
If you can, try to avoid using spaces on your filenames. My users insist on using spaces and it gives me a lot of headaches.