Lumina gets installed with qtermwidget/qterminal; however, qtermwidget 0.7.0 has a major bug that is not present in version 0.7.1

Lumina gets installed with qtermwidget/qterminal; however, qtermwidget 0.7.0 has a major bug that is not present in version 0.7.1. In Qterminal, if I change the font size to 20 or 22, save the new settings, close qterminal, and open it again, the font size changes back to whatever it was before I changed it. For some mysterious reason, only Liberation Mono size 19 doesn’t revert back to the old size when I reopen qterminal. However, this issue is not present if I simply upgrade qtermwidget to version 0.7.1. I compiled version 0.7.1 from source. (There is no need to upgrade qterminal to version 0.7.1 too). I just wonder why the official repository for TrueOS only has qtermwidget-0.7.0, and why no one has talked about this major bug before.

If you change it to any other size does it work correctly? Basically is the problem isolated to only those 2 font sizes?

As to why noone has

Perhaps they haven’t run across it?

I think size 19 is the only setting that doesn’t revert back to the old setting when I reopen qterminal (when qtermwidget-0.7.0 is installed).

Looks like the qterminal port[1] for FreeBSD is just out of date[2].

Send the port maintainer[1] an email asking him to update it, or do it yourself and send him a patch (bumping a port version is usually pretty simple and a good way to get started with the ports framework).

[1] http://www.freshports.org/x11/qterminal/
[2] https://github.com/lxde/qterminal/releases

Actually, both qtermwidget and qterminal need to be upgraded to version 0.7.1 to get rid of this issue. I noticed that if I only upgrade qtermwidget, and an attached tmux session is running in qterminal-0.7.0, then the new font size setting doesn’t get forgotten by qterminal after I exit it and open it again. However, the new font size setting gets forgotten if I exit qterminal-0.7.0 without attaching a tmux session first. I have no idea why it is so.