Lumina File Manager 'Insight' doesn't Refresh via Menu or F5

My system is TrueOS STABLE 18.03 (Lumina desktop environment).

# uname -a
FreeBSD trueos-25 12.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT #26 fa797a5a3(trueos-stable-18.03): Mon Mar 26 00:24:47 UTC 2018     root@chimera:/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/sys/GENERIC  amd64

Can anybody refresh the view within Insight via the F5 function key or the menu ‘View -> Refresh’?
If I try to refresh this way only the highlighting of the current folder within the tree disappears and the path is emptied.
InsightRefresh2018-05-02-14-31-51

After F5 or Refresh:
InsightRefresh%2322018-05-02-14-33-28

My way to refresh any view is to change into a different folder and return to the folder. Then always the view is refreshed but just pushing F5 would be much more convenient.

Are you sure it’s not refreshing?

Mine does. Opened a folder, then from the terminal, “touched” a file, and it showed up on it’s own?

What is ever ‘sure’, if you are dealing with hard- and software? :smirk:

You are right. If you are handling small amounts of data, Insight will refresh on its own. Large amounts of data lead sometimes to a stop in this refreshing. Typically the right part of the window gets greyed out. Moving a lot of folders from an imported zpool to the system’s own zpool got me frequently into this situation. For this case or if you are not sure, whether you are seeing the current content, the manual refreshing is helpful. But even if the window is current, pushing F5 or using the menu shouldn’t remove the highlighting and the path from the window as described above, should it?

sounds like bug to me. why not report it?

This bug report describes a part of the symptoms. So I added a comment to this bug report with a reference to this thread.