I can't get trident 18.12 u8 to work

For some reason, after I installed it I always get a response like this.

And I couldn’t log in even though I use my username and password.
Did I miss something or do anything wrong about an installation?

0 Likes

bios or efi?
video card?

did you let the installer finish before rebooting?

what was the link you downloaded from?

0 Likes

Is this a Virtual Machine? If so, what is the host operating system?

0 Likes

I use virtual box 6.0.4 on window 10 host. And download the .iso file directly form project-trident.org. I already tried to find the solution on youtube, but it look like no one ever met this problem before.

0 Likes

About the efi, I left the efi support box uncheck, so it should go to bios, right?

0 Likes

please try setting efi, and check back in

0 Likes

I can’t boot to the installation menu, it always got stuck on this display. Is there any website or something provide me the data to tweak this out? Sorry my bad I forgot to input the .iso file for the new installation.

0 Likes

I boot to the EFI as you said and let the installation do their work, but after 30 minutes this is the result.

0 Likes

So I open the terminal and found that it could not read some of the packages.

What is your suggestion, would you kindly help me out of this headache?
PS. Sorry for the double post though, the system does not allow me to do the multi pictures in the same post.

0 Likes

I see picture 2 when using virtualbox as well. no issue

picture 1, bottom left corner.

click view log to see what the real error/issue is

0 Likes

I had a similar problem, and it turned out the drive had some partitions on it from previous installs, and I was installing to the wrong one. So I chose the main or largest of them and reinstalled to that, and it got me to the login screen. May be worth a try.

0 Likes

@mdiemer S/He is installing a virtualbox a .vdi file (I’m assuming) is the hard drive not actual hardware…

we use a windows10 machine as a credit card processor here (part of PCI compliance).

When I first installed the CC processing software I got similar messages but from Windows… It turned out that I had to run the software as an administrator… I’m not saying that it will help in this situation, but it’s worth a shot… Can you launch VirtualBox as an administrator?

0 Likes

I could try that, wait and see what the gonna result gonna look like.

0 Likes

Sorry for the long reply, just get some free time from my work. I tried to run Oracle VirtualBox as administrator and this is the result.

Yup. The trident is up an running!

0 Likes

This is my setting to make it work.

I left the EFI box unchecked by mistake, so the system boot up in BIOS mode. But for some reason with this system boot in BIOS mode it can read all of the packages without any problem.

0 Likes

COOL!!! Looks like you are up and running. Damn windows10. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

@RodMyers @Groot It looks like my main mistake happens when I’m installing for the first time I didn’t run Oracle as the admin and what next is when the time comes to choose the shell to run for this BSD. I choose the zsh shell, which will not have the GUI support, I guess? I’m not sure about this, but this is what I learn from visiting the GhostBSD forum, so the guys at those recommend installing all of the BSD with sh shell to support the GUI. Does all of this make sense? How do I get more information about this?

This is what I’m getting from their forum just change the shell in the blue circle to sh shell from the default zsh. But I think it should be more reason behind that.

0 Likes

Right now I’m considering to move away from it but my unix knowledge is not strong enough, so my main os still be windows 10, well just in case. You know!

0 Likes