How much RAM does TrueOS use when you start it up

I did watch the Bryan Lunduke (a Linux guy that makes Linux videos, not BSD) video about Firefox. It was about the same “privacy issue” as the other two videos you posted.

Everyone was angry that FireFox thought it would be cute to add a virus looking addon to the browsers of Study individuals that had not opted out of the shield program and had the download automatically option checked. This was done as a playful thing to coincide with the season 2 of Mr. Robot, and included puzzles and stuff that they thought “techies would enjoy.”

There was zero discussion about this on any of the BSD forums. This was primarily a problem for Linux and Windows users, not that it couldn’t happen on BSD but I think most BSD users are very aware of their about:config and although they called it a “privacy issue” it wasn’t really a privacy issue perse because none of their private information was ever transmitted or collected.

A more serious crime that Mozilla committed was the prefetching option. One of the guys on the PC-BSD forum at the time found it, and either made a post or linked a post (I can’t remember) about how to disable it very quickly.

You don’t want the devs to also install and configure third-party add-ons, on third-party software.
I often do without because I am more privacy conscious and know there is a balance (not many users will do without though), but imagine if the devs installed VPN’s and ghostery for you, and suddenly you can’t visit your favorite websites?.. You then have to track down why, is it a system thing, configuration problem, a system problem?..

I do run WinE that is my first choice… But like any emulator, it doesn’t always work and; not all Windows software works on it. So sometimes you have to create a VirtualBox machine… I’ve been really wanting to use BhYve but unfortunately, my i7 processor isn’t supported

If I could agree more than 100% I would. Computer security really falls into 2 camps:
Default Permit
Default Deny

Default Permit is easy “unless explicitly prohibited, it is allowed”. This mean you can do anything, and remember to turn things off.

Default Deny is harder “unless explicitly permitted, it is not allowed”. This means you can’t do anything unless you turn it on.

Everyone forgets to turn things off, noone forgets to turn on a needed service.

It all boils down to It’s your system, you need to be aware of what is installed and what is enabled. Noone else can or should be doing that for you (except at work where you have to take what they give you)