Display power management

I have configured display power management.

1 minute later: the display was blacked out (maybe ‘standby’), and the display said “no signal” soon, but displayed a rectangle and 2 mouse cursors a few seconds later .

2 minutes later: the display was blacked out (maybe ‘suspend’), but same as above.

3 minutes later: the display was blacked out (maybe ‘off’), but same as above also.

I’d like to stop display signals.

I have them all sett to 40 minutes and the screensaver to 5 minutes and that works very well.
After 5 minutes the screen blanks out and the screensaver kicks in. 40 minutes after that the screen turns off but the computer never goes into sleep mode and the mouse never turns off. The screen lights up as soon as I touch the mouse, the touch pad or hit any key.

However, I don’t know the difference between Standby, Suspend and Off. I would say that Standby and Suspend is the same thing and Off means sleep mode, but the later never happens. As far as I can tell, all those settings only affects the display and in that matter it seems like all three means the same. Maybe you just confused the system by setting it to 1, 2 and 3 minutes :wink:

1, 2 and 3 minutes were for testing. At first I configured all them to 10 minutes and the screensaver to 5 minutes.
It is wonders display signals revives after “No Signal Detected” once.
My PC’s graphics device is RADEON HD6450 drived by ati driver.

It was case of the added graphic board with RADEON HD6450.
In case of the onboard graphic chip(intel), display power management is work well.
I don’t know reason of it.