I might install it later.
Does anyone here currently use it on a FreeBSD-based system and if so, how do you find it?
Antivirus definitions appear to be outdated (January 1st 1900) –
– and the application’s update routine does not offer a listing for definitions.
Might it help to try a command-line update (
clamav) before launching the app?
I don’t plan to use it, but I imagine it being useful. As a destination for downloads, and so on.
Vulnerability scanner for Linux/FreeBSD …
@dlocklear01@mer and all: I don’t plan to experiment with Vuls (above) in the near future but you might find it of interest.
- I imagine that someone with knowledge of the database for FreshPorts will be receptive to the idea of … maybe an API for (limited) use of the database, by a project such as TrueOS, for occasional scanning of packages
- the vast majority of the work is already done (by maintainers and so on); simple co-operation will be preferable to widespread duplication of effort.
Antivirus for FreeBSD | The FreeBSD Forums (2015-09-04)
- a mention of F-PROT in post 63
- if you’re here to argue against use of anti-virus software, please refrain from repetition; first, read the 2015 topic to see whether the argument is already made.
Last but not least: