After i install boot loader

After i install i only see F1 linux f2 freebsd f3 linux

what i should do nothing happens

We’re going to need a bit more information. Type of hardware, type of boot (UEFI, bios, etc).
Was this a TrueOS install or a FreeBSD install?
What was installed first, Linux or FreeBSD/TrueOS?
Can you boot into any of them?

Before install trueos i was working on debian 9 with 2 partitions sda1 for home and sda3 for the system my system it was working with grub into mbr.
My specs are
Motherboard pcchips p29g+ ati 4650 video card+core 2 duo 4400
The chips on the motheboard are:
Via p4m890 and vt8237r
Thanks so much

i change my hard disk to another pc and try to boot in the new pc i have installed windows so another option appear f4 disk and when i press f4 the operating system boot that thing does not happen when i press f2 to boot trueos :frowning:

That is the FreeBSD bootloader that you are seeing, and that should not be used if you installed TrueOS to a UEFI system (we prefer rEFInd instead - for this exact reason).
It is possible that you de-selected the option to install rEFInd from the advanced disk options, or you are not using a UEFI system boot (so multi-booting with TrueOS is not technically supported by the team - although it is technically still possible with manual tweaks like installing GRUB[2] into the MBR).

The FreeBSD bootloader has a long history of only being able to boot FreeBSD and Windows - most Linux distros were not supported unless they were installed in such a way that they could be “chainloaded” (which lots of them are not).

TrueOS’s GRUB works in my BIOS machine.

The install option “restamp GRUB” is gone - I suppose. Is there an easy way to do it if needed - yet? Perhaps a handbook entry? It could help people with BIOS machines.

GRUB no longer exists on the TrueOS install media since it is not officially supported anymore - you must have one of the really old ISO’s if you still have that option…
You can theoretically install the “grub2-pcbsd” package on TrueOS post-install, and then run some CLI commands to restamp GRUB onto the MBR (similar to what the old ISO’s used to do), but that is outside my area of expertise so I can’t really offer any examples on how exactly to do that.

Boot loader install to partion
Trouble dual booting TrueBSD and linux

I just installed TrueOS and as pictured above no mater what I press on my keyboard it prints a #, If i just let it boot up and touch nothing, it slowly keeps typing #. This is a multi-boot box, “bios”, “Intel dg965WH”. Keyboard does not have a stuck key, TrueOS was installed and working on this box (changed hard drive to SSD and it is smaller so I could not shrink my partion so fresh installed it) It is ti-boot 2003r2, Kali, and TrueOS (as stated earlier setup worked just fine on the spinning rust drive). I’m going to try installing again with a older version of the install media. Am I the only one with this issue??

i have the same issue i dont know why but i guess is because i have debian
installed i think trueos needs to be installed alone

BIOS or UEFI?

STABLE or UNSTABLE?

How did you previously install your Linux install?

It is an older board “Intel dg965WH” bios only. it is the stable version. The only differences (that I recall) between my old install and this one is I switched to the SSD and switched from legacy to native in the bios for the sata ports.I installed 2003r2 first, then linux and finally TrueOS.

trueos told me that trueos does not support multiboot, linux and bsd in the
same hard disk

Thanks for the help.

not true, bios/grub depreciated

UEFI simpler to setup and run

I have multiboot: Windows 7, Linux Mint and TrueOS in the same hard disk.

Intel notebook, BIOS + GRUB.

Deprecated, though it works. :slight_smile:

It seems that fresh installs don’t allow this anymore. :frowning:

Correct.the devs depreciated grub/BIOS a few months ago.

If you know how how to edit grub, you should be able to get it working

I am curios why the TrueOS (freeBSD) boot loader works in the way I described above. No mater what you press a “#” is displayed if you do not press anything it will slowly print “#”, fills the screen and keeps on going. I tried multiple keyboards, same result.

@sc2vladi did you figure this out?